Editorial content, images & articles
The contents of this site (excluding scripts and code, which are licensed below) are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
This means that you are free to reuse, modify and redistribute content from this site under the following restrictions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Images and content are not to be used for websites hosting political, religious, terrorist, or controversial material — determined by the authors and subject to change.
Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Scripts & Code
All code samples on this blog are, unless explicitly otherwise noted, licensed under an MIT license:
Copyright © 2012, Jon Scaife & DIYMediaHome
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Copyright ethos & intentions
A lot of the content of this site builds on the work of others. In some cases content is news-like and is based entirely on the work of others, but is described here in our own context. In these cases we have credited the original source and provided a link to the source in the article. We would prefer not to have any of our content copied, and instead have it linked to, but if you do feel the need to publish content that you have sourced from us please provide a relevant and appropriately placed link back to the original article. Our aim is to help the community, but the webhosting doesn’t pay for itself; consequently we are trying to strike a balance between sharing information as broadly as possible, whilst ensuring people have access to the original carefully-written content on this site.
We respectfully request that people don’t hotlink to our downloads. In most cases there are relevant articles which accompany them which would be more appropriate to link to, or alternatively there is the downloads page. We believe it is good neighbourliness to provide links to sites that have been helpful. Hotlinks will be redirected to our hotlinks page which provides the link but encourages viewers to request a proper link to an appropriate article. Thanks.