0Logo Media BrowserAjustando Media desempenho Browser novamente

Ano passado postei sobre Ano passado postei sobre. Ano passado postei sobre. No entanto, Ano passado postei sobre.

  • The sqlite performance of Media Browser is now noticeably better than when it was first enabled and I was very pleased with the results I got from enabling it with the new 2.2.8 lançamento.
  • I will be experimenting with the result of moving the sqlite database file onto the RAM Dirija Eu já uso para o meu WMP base de dados e atualizar este post em conformidade

The above changes have yielded some benefits, mas realmente eu estava em busca de um pouco mais. Enquanto benchmarking a new USB Pen drive I checked the size of my media browser image cache and noticed that it had grown substantiallyto over 600 e, with an average image size of about 600k. Given the typical display size of the images in question this seemed rather a lot and I wondered what else could be done. I remembered seeing a post about reducing the image cache on TheHTPC, which is one of the blog feeds I keep a half-eye on quite regularly and decided to dig the article in question up. Fiquei encantado ao ver que o autor (outro Jon) has tried various of the things I had already done, and had some excellent advice for reducing image size.

  • Recompress all the JPEGs (no meu caso a 80%). Isso salvou mais 350meg
  • Resize all the movie cover images (I followed the advice to use 600×400). This saved an additional 230meg.

I would like to echo Jon of TheHTPC in endorsing FastStone Image Viewer for the above operations. Foi livre e fácil de usar.

  • I also decided to limit the number of backdrops per movie to a maximum of 2. This saved an additional (post compression) 60e. I considered reducing the maximum to just 1, but this would only save an additional 14mbwhich I decided isn’t worth it for the moment.

In total I have reduced the number of images by approx 250, e o tamanho total por 640mb.

  • I also checked to see if any backdrops were larger than 1920×1080 with the intention of resizing any that were. Infelizmente (or sensibly) nenhum foi. Mas eu era capaz de identificar 4 corrupt (1kb) backdrop files which I also removed.
  • I have also switched offuse internet providersin the Media Browser config (inside media center, not the start menu config utility) altho I don’t expect this to have any effect as I already have complete meta-data that I manage with Media Center Mestre

Eu ainda tenho de 189mb PNG’s and decided to try compressing them further with PNGOUTWin, which I selected based on a comparison of various png compression tools. Despite the original comparison giving PNGOUT rather unfavourable performance in terms of time to complete, I found the windows version, which has been optimised for multicore cpu’s, performed well, completing most images in under 10 segundos, with an average compression to 94%. Extrapolated to all my images this would save just 12mb. Infelizmente PNGOUTWin não é livre, and I decided saving 12mb just wasn’t worth paying for.

Overall I have now reduced the average size of a file in my ImageCache folder to just under 220kb – só 37% the original average. Uma vez que todo o cache é recriado espero (e esperança) this will result in a new cache size of under 250mb, which should offer a very substantial speed boost.

Por favor envie-nos a sua opinião comentando abaixo! Se você deseja se inscrever, use o link de inscrição no menu no canto superior direito. Você também pode compartilhar isso com seus amigos usando os links sociais abaixo. Felicidades.

Deixe uma resposta