لقد ترقية فقط بلدي HTPC – or rather “side-graded” it from a Pentium DualCore to an Asus E35M1-M Pro. Below I’ll document my thoughts as I give the system a full workout
23-قد: Initial thoughts
- UEFI is nice – altho it doesn’t really offer anything immediate that the old BIOS لم (إلا >2محركات أقراص التمهيد TB بالطبع)
- The UEFI screen didn’t display properly on my 720p Samsung CRT تلفزيون – it was rather dysfunctional. It worked fine on my 24″ 1920×1200 HP zr24w
- The combo PS2 port wont work with my old PS2 keyboard
- The system seems to run completely fanless without any problem. I don’t yet know if playing some HD films will need active cooling
- I like having USB3 ports on such a cheap system
- I don’t like the lack of analogue audio outputs – هناك فقط 3 sockets on the back-panel
- The system was considerably faster than I was expecting – not noticeably different from the 2.8GHz Pentium DualCore E6300 (impressive for an 18W 1.6GHz dual-core chip). I suspect this is partly down to being a fresh install, partly down to having 4Gb rather than 2Gb of memory, and finally having a faster HDD (Seagate Momentus XT rather than 5,400rpm 3.5″ eco desktop drive)
- The included Asus software isn’t flexible enough for fan control. Instead I recommend سبيدفان which offers full speed control.
- The overclocking feature overclocked my وحدة المعالجة المركزية from 1600MHz to 1640MHz. ال 2.5% seems pretty pointless to me.
26-قد: تحديث 1
- I have had a problem with standby – but I think it is caused by either hybrid-standby mode, or by problems with my Pinnacle 3010ix freeview tuner. Hopefully I’ll be able to update soon to confirm my suspicions. When I eventually upgrade to a Blackgold BGT3620
- I’ve had a recurrence of a problem playing back a BluRay rip of Inglorious Basterds. This has always been a very challenging movie to play, and I think the problem is a codec issue. مرة أخرى, I’ll hopefully be able to update soon confirming the fix.
- Otherwise the system is working really well. I’m still very pleased with the performance. Running the system fanless most of the time, with a couple of low-speed case fans activated by speedfan when needed
30-قد: تحديث 2
- As expected, disabling hybrid sleep has resolved the problem with not waking from sleep. The PC isn’t staying asleep at the moment, بل لقد كان هذا الموضوع من قبل, its being woken by the network I think – possible due to my enabling HomeGroup. I have no need for WOL so I’ll be turning it off in device manager. I haven’t yet looked at resolving the playback of Inglorious Basterds, ولكن مرة أخرى, its a problem I’ve had before. This time when I solve it I’ll document it!
11-أغسطس: تحديث 3
- The sleep issues are fully resolved. Partly this was related to issues with the Seagate Momentus XT which I’ve documented in a different article. The short version – if you have a Momentus XT then disable HDD sleep and update the drive firmware. The playback issues with some h.264 have also been resolved – the newer versions of ffdshow DXVA aren’t working very well, going back to an older version has cleared this issue. أخيرا, لدي, after some initial issues, اختبار استخدام تلفزيون بطاقة في PCI-E x16 slot successfully! I am now using a system with 3 تلفزيون cards with great success!
أعتقد أننا قد غاب عن شيء? دعنا نعلم بتعليقك بالأسفل. إذا كنت ترغب في الاشتراك يرجى استخدام الرابط الاشتراك في القائمة في اعلى اليمين. يمكنك أيضا مشاركة هذا مع أصدقائك باستخدام الروابط الاجتماعية أدناه. في صحتك.