我刚刚升级我的 HTPC – or rather “side-graded” it from a Pentium DualCore to an Asus E35M1-M Pro. Below I’ll document my thoughts as I give the system a full workout
23-可能: Initial thoughts
- UEFI is nice – altho it doesn’t really offer anything immediate that the old BIOS 没有 (除 >2当然TB启动驱动器)
- The UEFI screen didn’t display properly on my 720p Samsung CRT 电视 – it was rather dysfunctional. It worked fine on my 24″ 1920×1200 HP zr24w
- The combo PS2 port wont work with my old PS2 keyboard
- The system seems to run completely fanless without any problem. I don’t yet know if playing some HD films will need active cooling
- I like having USB3 ports on such a cheap system
- I don’t like the lack of analogue audio outputs – 只有 3 sockets on the back-panel
- The system was considerably faster than I was expecting – not noticeably different from the 2.8GHz Pentium DualCore E6300 (impressive for an 18W 1.6GHz dual-core chip). I suspect this is partly down to being a fresh install, partly down to having 4Gb rather than 2Gb of memory, and finally having a faster 硬盘 (Seagate Momentus XT rather than 5,400rpm 3.5″ eco desktop drive)
- The included Asus software isn’t flexible enough for fan control. Instead I recommend 的SpeedFan which offers full speed control.
- The overclocking feature overclocked my CPU from 1600MHz to 1640MHz. 该 2.5% seems pretty pointless to me.
26-可能: 更新资料 1
- I have had a problem with standby – but I think it is caused by either hybrid-standby mode, or by problems with my Pinnacle 3010ix freeview tuner. Hopefully I’ll be able to update soon to confirm my suspicions. When I eventually upgrade to a Blackgold BGT3620
- I’ve had a recurrence of a problem playing back a BluRay rip of Inglorious Basterds. This has always been a very challenging movie to play, and I think the problem is a codec issue. 再次, I’ll hopefully be able to update soon confirming the fix.
- Otherwise the system is working really well. I’m still very pleased with the performance. Running the system fanless most of the time, with a couple of low-speed case fans activated by speedfan when needed
30-可能: 更新资料 2
- As expected, disabling hybrid sleep has resolved the problem with not waking from sleep. The PC isn’t staying asleep at the moment, 但我已经收到此问题, its being woken by the network I think – possible due to my enabling HomeGroup. I have no need for WOL so I’ll be turning it off in device manager. I haven’t yet looked at resolving the playback of Inglorious Basterds, 但同样, its a problem I’ve had before. This time when I solve it I’ll document it!
11-八月: 更新资料 3
- The sleep issues are fully resolved. Partly this was related to issues with the Seagate Momentus XT which I’ve documented in a different article. The short version – if you have a Momentus XT then disable 硬盘 sleep and update the drive firmware. The playback issues with some h.264 have also been resolved – the newer versions of ffdshow DXVA aren’t working very well, going back to an older version has cleared this issue. 最后, 我有, after some initial issues, 测试使用的 电视 卡在 PCI-E x16 slot successfully! I am now using a system with 3 电视 cards with great success!
认为我们已经错过了什么? 让我们通过下面的评论知道. 如果您想订阅，请使用菜单上的订阅链接右上方. 您还可以通过使用下面的链接社会分享这与你的朋友. 干杯.