For those people running a 64bit version of Windows here are links to Firefox 64bit and various plugins to go with it…
- Make sure you have MS Visual C++ 2010 runtime for x64 installato
- Download firefox 64bit from Mozilla (look towards the bottom for a file ending with “en-US.win64-x86_64.installer.exe” or similar) e installare
- Down-load Adobe Flash player 10.1 x64 (look for the link to “Download plug-in for 64-bit Windows — for all other browsers”) e installare
- With the newly installed browser go to the Java site to download Java for x64 (look for the second link under “windows” which should say “Windows 7/XP/Vista/2003/2008 (64-bit”)
To further tweak performance in Firefox you can enable hardware acceleration…
- If you are using Vista you should download the platform update da Microsoft
- Request and download KB980922 da Microsoft
- Go to about:config (in the address bar)
- Right click and add a new boolean called “gfx.font_rendering.directwrite.enabled” and leave it set to true
- Right click again and create a new integer called “mozilla.widget.render-mode” and give it the value 6
The latest versions of AdBlock Plus and PDF Download are already compatible with the latest release, hopefully other addons will follow soon.
You should find the new browser really flies compared to the old version.
Credit for the tweaks goes to Aaron Tiensivu
Inviateci i vostri pensieri commentando qui sotto! Se si desidera iscriversi si prega di utilizzare il link iscriviti sul menu in alto a destra. È inoltre possibile condividere con i tuoi amici usando i link sottostanti sociali. Saluti.