في الأشهر المقبلة سوف أكون في شراء عقار جديد, وللذهاب مع بيتي الجديد, I’ve been reading up lots on how I might integrate a new home media setup. In recent months several exciting new options have become available, والتي في النهاية يجعل هذا النوع من الإعداد اشتهيت دائما احتمال حقيقي.
Whilst this system is fine, and has served me well for a number of years, I would like to find ways to also do the following
- Manage تلفزيون recordings from my android phone, or via the web.
- Store the recorded تلفزيون on the server automatically, rather than on the HTPC.
- Record the تلفزيون in a way that makes it accessible on other platforms or devices (أي. not in WTV format)
- Hook the bedroom تلفزيون into the network, so recorded تلفزيون and all my stored media can be watched in the bedroom — most likely by putting a second HTPC into the bedroom.
- Carry out تلفزيون recording on the server, so the HTPC can be switched off, rather than left on standby, and also so that it can be smaller, lower powered, and quieter.
- Replace the storage system in my server, which currently uses hardware raid, which whilst fast, can only be expanded up to 8 drives, which proves very costly when it comes time to replace the whole array. I also have problems, documented on another article, where the raid array drops drives because the card expects enterprise class drives, and desktop drives don’t have TLER / CCTL enabled.
My server already has multiple roles, including web and FTP servers as well as metadata management and automated downloading of various media (e.g. podcasts). It runs windows, and many of the apps I run on it are windows only. I can easily put the تلفزيون cards I have in it, but Media Center isn’t available on Windows Server 2008. Due to the server roles I use it for, I don’t want to replace Server 2008 R2 with Windows 7 (which does include Media Center) so a solution which provides تلفزيون recording without Media Centrer would be ideal. This would also address the problem of recorded files being in WTV format, which isn’t very compatible with other devices or platforms. The second issue I have is that I would like to operate a software-based raid-like storage system which is much more flexible and expandable than hardware-raid. The best solution for this is UnRAID, but sadly this is a standalone solution, and wont run under Windows (without messy things like virtual machines which are too risky for the importance of my data).
The first possibility I have identified for my storage needs is FlexRAID. This is an UnRAID like system which runs on top of Windows. It is still currently in development, and various parts are either alpha or beta, but it appears to offer all the features I want, and is being actively developed and supported. I will be playing around with it in the upcoming weeks.
The solution to the remaining issues is (hopefully) all in 1. DVBLogic’s DVBLink Connect Server provides a centralised server recording system which shares تلفزيون cards via network to Media Center, الروبوت, Boxee, DLNA devices and more. It enables pooled-recording for Media Center, watching تلفزيون on mobile devices (Windows Phone 7, الروبوت, IOS), and remote management of recordings via web or mobile. It will run on the server which can contain تلفزيون بطاقات, and store recorded تلفزيون along with all other media. Unsurprisingly it isn’t free, but given the feature list (and maturity) the price of €21 is very reasonable!
يرجى ان ترسل الينا أفكارك عن طريق التعليق أدناه! إذا كنت ترغب في الاشتراك يرجى استخدام الرابط الاشتراك في القائمة في اعلى اليمين. يمكنك أيضا مشاركة هذا مع أصدقائك باستخدام الروابط الاجتماعية أدناه. في صحتك.