आने वाले महीनों में मैं एक नया संपत्ति खरीद की जाएगी, और अपने नए घर के साथ जाने के लिए, मैं कैसे मैं एक नया घर मीडिया सेटअप एकीकृत हो सकता है पर बहुत से ऊपर पढ़ रहा है। हाल के महीनों में कई रोमांचक नए विकल्प उपलब्ध हो गए हैं, जो अंत में सेटअप की तरह मैं हमेशा एक वास्तविक संभावना वांछित है बनाता है.
Whilst this system is fine, and has served me well for a number of years, I would like to find ways to also do the following
- Manage टीवी recordings from my android phone, or via the web.
- Store the recorded टीवी on the server automatically, rather than on the HTPC.
- Record the टीवी in a way that makes it accessible on other platforms or devices (अर्थात. not in WTV format)
- Hook the bedroom टीवी into the network, so recorded टीवी and all my stored media can be watched in the bedroom — most likely by putting a second HTPC into the bedroom.
- Carry out टीवी recording on the server, so the HTPC can be switched off, rather than left on standby, and also so that it can be smaller, lower powered, and quieter.
- Replace the storage system in my server, which currently uses hardware raid, which whilst fast, can only be expanded up to 8 ड्राइव, which proves very costly when it comes time to replace the whole array. I also have problems, documented on another article, where the raid array drops drives because the card expects enterprise class drives, and desktop drives don’t have TLER / CCTL enabled.
My server already has multiple roles, including web and एफ़टीपी servers as well as metadata management and automated downloading of various media (उदा.. podcasts). It runs windows, and many of the apps I run on it are windows only. I can easily put the टीवी cards I have in it, but Media Center isn’t available on Windows Server 2008. Due to the server roles I use it for, I don’t want to replace Server 2008 R2 with Windows 7 (which does include Media Center) so a solution which provides टीवी recording without Media Centrer would be ideal. This would also address the problem of recorded files being in WTV format, which isn’t very compatible with other devices or platforms. The second issue I have is that I would like to operate a software-based raid-like storage system which is much more flexible and expandable than hardware-raid. The best solution for this is UnRAID, but sadly this is a standalone solution, and wont run under Windows (without messy things like virtual machines which are too risky for the importance of my data).
The first possibility I have identified for my storage needs is FlexRAID. This is an UnRAID like system which runs on top of Windows. It is still currently in development, and various parts are either alpha or beta, but it appears to offer all the features I want, and is being actively developed and supported. I will be playing around with it in the upcoming weeks.
The solution to the remaining issues is (hopefully) all in 1. DVBLogic’s DVBLink Connect Server provides a centralised server recording system which shares टीवी cards via network to Media Center, एंड्रॉयड, Boxee, DLNA devices and more. It enables pooled-recording for Media Center, watching टीवी on mobile devices (Windows Phone 7, एंड्रॉयड, IOS), and remote management of recordings via web or mobile. It will run on the server which can contain टीवी पत्ते, and store recorded टीवी along with all other media. Unsurprisingly it isn’t free, but given the feature list (and maturity) the price of €21 is very reasonable!
लगता है कि हम कुछ नहीं छूटा है? हमें नीचे टिप्पणी से पता करते हैं. आप सदस्यता के लिए चाहते हैं, तो ऊपर दाईं ओर मेनू पर लिंक का उपयोग करें सदस्यता लें. आप नीचे दिए गए सामाजिक लिंक का उपयोग करके अपने दोस्तों के साथ इस साझा कर सकते हैं. चियर्स.