I have a couple of old USFF Dell Optiplex 760 PC that have a built-in Intel 82567LM‑3 gigabit ethernet connection. Getting this adapter to work with both Sleep (S3 Suspend to RAM) e SAL (Wake on LAN) si è dimostrato molto difficile. The PC originally came with Windows Vista and as a business class PC you’d expect these 2 features to work but it has always been a battle to get them working.
Back in the days of Windows 7 I did eventually get both PC working with Sleep and WOL. Doing so required a lot of fiddling about with drivers and settings so I will detail all the settings that worked for Windows 7 sotto.
- Dispositivo: Intel 82567LM‑3
- Intel ProSet 126.96.36.199
- autista 188.8.131.52
- Driver Provider: Intel
- Data driver: 18/07/2013
- Salva Opzioni risparmio energia: Tutti 3 unticked
- Wake on LAN Opzioni: both ‘Wake on Magic Packet’ ticked and ‘Wake on Pattern Match’ unticked
This driver can be downloaded from softpedia. The driver files are found in the PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS62 subfolder
Some sites also suggest that Intel ME needs to have the correct settings in firmware. This is accessed by Press Ctrl‑P at bootup. I checked my settings and they are as follows…
- Intel ME Configuration: State Control: Abilitato
- Intel ME Configuration: Manageability Feature Selection: Intel Standard Manageability
- Intel ME Configuration: Intel ME Power Control: Intel ME ON in Host sonno Uniti: Desktop su
- Intel Standard Manageability Configuration: SOL/IDE‑r: Abilitato
- Intel Standard Manageability Configuration: Current Provisioning Mode: PKI
- Intel Standard Manageability Configuration: Nome host: LA-PC-NAME-QUI
- Intel Standard Manageability Configuration: TCP / IP: DHCP Enabled: e
Once your ME settings are correct, si ha il driver installato sopra, and you have your windows settings correct you should be able to use WOL from sleep when running Windows 7.
Unfortunately the driver used for Windows 7 doesn’t want to be compatible with Windows 10 and so far I haven’t found an alternative that is officially compatible. C'è un filo bene sul Intel forums that covers the same issue and the poster there has been pretty thorough.
Like the poster on the Intel forums I tried forcing a different driver onto Windows 10 and succeeded in forcing a driver for the i218-LM card which does at least work. However this still didn’t get WOL working.
Hacking il conducente
To see if there is any way to get the Windows 7 driver working with Windows 10 I set about hacking the inf file. I did manage to hack it and get it to install although annoyingly this did mean I had to turn off driver signing temporarily. I have detailed the process I used below.
Turn off driver signing (vedere Finestrini 10 Trucchi for more methods)
- Fare clic su Start, expand the arrow next to shutdown, tenere premuto il tasto Shift e fare clic su Riavvia
- Select troubleshooting
- selezionare avanzata
- Selezionare riavvio
- At the menu that appears after rebooting press the 7 key to disable driver signing
Modificare il file e1k62x64.inf
- Elimina riga 98
Use device manager to do a “have disk” forced driver installation. Then change the same settings as specified for windows 7 sopra. This worked to install the driver that matches the one installed on Windows 7, but WOL still didn’t work!
Next I need to check each of the ME settings and the Intel driver settings against each other 1 di 1 in the hope that the discrepancy is somewhere in the settings. I do remember having an issue with Windows 7 where I had to find some obscure setting to get it working. I am fortunate to have 2 identical PC, uno con Win 7 e uno con Win 10. I will continue to see if I can find a solution and will update this post with anything I find.
I also noticed that a small number of settings seemed to show on the win 10 machine that weren’t present on the win 7 macchina. I need to check my driver hack and also remote any previous Intel ProSet that has been installed to try to clear this. I plan to remove proset via programs and features, e anche rimuovere ed eliminare i driver. I will then reinstall the drivers and then run the proset installer (controllerò per vedere come il driver è stato installato nella vittoria 7 — was it driver only or full proset)
Credo che abbiamo perso qualcosa? Fateci sapere commentando qui sotto. Se si desidera iscriversi si prega di utilizzare il link iscriviti sul menu in alto a destra. È inoltre possibile condividere con i tuoi amici usando i link sottostanti sociali. Saluti.