- Make sure you are logged onto Windows with a user account that has Administrative rights.
- Disable anti-virus software.
- If you have a firewall running on your PC, disable it.
Disconnect your device
If you have a USB or a PCMCIA / PC Card Bluetooth device, please disconnect it.
If you have a laptop / notebook or other device with Internal Bluetooth that can be “turned off” please turn it off.
Download and extract the files
Download the IBM Integrated Bluetooth II Software (Widcomm build 188.8.131.52) from:
[ IBM FTP Site ] or [ IBM HTTP Mirror ] 20.34 Mb
Run the downloaded file from IBM (called bthwxp1o.exe)
Click next, accept the license agreement, click next twice more and finally click finish.
The driver files have now been extracted to C:\Drivers\WIN\BDCACT\
Download the latest device recognition file from [ Downloads ] 16 Kb
Save the file to the IBM drivers location (C:\Drivers\WIN\BDCACT\) and overwrite the existing file.
Download the patcher from [ Jons Guides ] or [ Mirror 1 ] or [ Mirror 2 ] 221 Kb (patcher removed, see page 1 for reasons and possible alternative locations)
Save the patcher somewhere easy to access (for example, on the desktop).
Run the Patcher (patch_v4.exe) to extract the files.
Uninstall previous Bluetooth software
If you have previously installed any Bluetooth software you should uninstall it before proceeding.
The following list is of software that should be uninstalled, but it is not necesarily a complete list!
- Any previous Widcomm software
- Any previous Soleil software
- Sony Bluespace software
- XTNDConnect Blue Manager software
- Microsoft Patch Q323183
- Any drivers that were supplied with your Bluetooth device
- Microsoft IntelliType and IntelliPoint software for Bluetooth mice & Keyboards.
What do you think? Drop us a comment below! If you would like to subscribe please use the subscribe link on the menu at the top right. You can also share this with your friends by using the social links below. Cheers.