I’ve been suing the MiFlora Home Assistant integration to get data on various house plants for a while. However along the way I’ve had to overcome various hurdles including limited range of bluetooth, battery life issues, and getting the battery values to report. I finally seem to have cracked all of these and now have a system that works reliably with lots of plants around the house. I’ve summarised what I’ve used below.
Posts Tagged: Bluetooth
0Samsung SmartThings — A smart home hub
I’ve recently invested in a SmartThings Hub for my home to use for security and safety as well as for general smart home functions. Over the coming months I will be writing a series of articles with some of the technical hurdles I cross along the way.
… Read Full Article
0Bluetooth drivers for Sony Vaio unknown device
I was recently asked to look at a Sony Vaio VPCSB which was detecting new hardware on every Windows boot. The machine was otherwise working well. Upon inspection I discovered that there were several unknown devices which seemed to be related to Bluetooth. I reinstalled the latest drivers from the Sony website but this failed to clear the unknown devices. The search was on.….. Read Full Article