I’ve been having various issues running Stark Covers ever since I switched to Windows 7 x64. Today, after exploring I’ve discovered the following combination of fixes.
The first thing to do is to fix the following crash associated with the MediaInfo dll…
[bash] Attempting to determine media type via MediaInfo.dll Could not determine video typeSystem.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B) at MediaInfoLib.MediaInfo.MediaInfo_New() at MediaInfoLib.MediaInfo..ctor() at StarkCovers.Program.MediaInfoDLL(String path) at StarkCovers.Program.StarkConsole(String args)[/bash]
This is easy to accomplish – simply replace the mediainfo.dll in the StarkCovers folder with a 64bit version.
The next issue is that for some reason the way Stark Covers called MediaInfo results in a failure to identify quite a few types of file with the following…
[bash]Attempting to determine media type via mymovies.xml Type not found in mymovies.xml Determining media type via file extension File extension not recognized currently Attempting to determine media type via MediaInfo.dll CodecID/Hint "" CodecID "" Deprecated Codec/Family "" Codec not identified by MediaInfo.dll[/bash]
There are 2 ways to resolve this. Either edit all you MyMovies.xml files and add in a media type, e.g.
<Media Type>DVD</Media Type> or, if you use Media Center Master, use the post processing feature to pass the information directly to stark covers
Please send us your thoughts by commenting below! If you would like to subscribe please use the subscribe link on the menu at the top right. You can also share this with your friends by using the social links below. Cheers.