One of my many HTPC clients has had a strange problem – the first time it is tuned into a channel it fails with the common (and meaningless) Play Ready error. Changing channel once always seems to bring it back to life however. After much digging around I finally found the very straightforward solution
I realised I had set the DVBLink client config to point to the server name, instead of the server IP address. I’m not sure why this caused a problem, but maybe the DNS delay was long enough to trigger a failure, or maybe there was some confusion between IPv4 and IPv6 – I’m not sure if DVBLink supports IPv6. Either way – make sur eyou use the IP Address for MCE clients and all should be well
Please send us your thoughts by commenting below! If you would like to subscribe please use the subscribe link on the menu at the top right. You can also share this with your friends by using the social links below. Cheers.